Focus comes in different forms for everyone, some like to listen to music to help them focus, others want complete silence. Here are my four tips that will help your focus.
- Have a Daily Plan. You should wake up every morning with a plan of what your day will look like. This doesn’t have to be a detailed schedule but having a plan in place will eliminate small decisions that can get you off track. Having a plan will also give you a clear goal for how your day should progress and end. Take time every evening to write out an outline plan for the next day.
- Moment of Enjoyment. Every day take at least a small amount of time to do something you enjoy. This can be as simple as peace and quiet over your coffee in the morning. Having that moment of enjoyment will give you a respite from all the to-do’s that fill your day and give you time to reset and prepare for what comes next.
- Be Persistent. If a task isn’t coming easily to you, feel free to walk away for a while. But be persistent with the process and don’t give up, come back with a fresh start. Allowing yourself to bounce from task to task to avoid the difficult work will leave you with a list of half-done tasks and a brain that is running in a million different directions.
- Have a Day Off. “There’s no rest for the wicked and the righteous don’t need it” is a familiar phrase that praises the busy. But we all know that not the truth. We all need at least a day off each week to rest and recuperate. We also need time with our families and friends to remind us why the hard days are worth it.
Focusing better is both a mindset and a physical act that you must prepare your mind and body for. Be sure that you are doing everything in your power to set yourself up to the best of your ability.
Small Habits Matter
Why You Need to Lay a Solid Foundation to be Successful
– Why success is built on daily positive actions
– Why your success depends on a solid foundation
– What are the habits you want to work on?
Get your free book Small Habits Matter