Specialist education for technical professionals
Welcome to the Professional Practice Academy – where you can find information and training to build your professional practice.
We help professionals increase their capability and competence, progress in a new area, get promoted and protect their future career.
To help technical professionals be more successful, by providing engaging, practical, and highly effective specialist information and training.
- improve professional performance - in terms of value for money, productivity and getting results
- focus on critical skills and knowledge - the key concepts, principles and tools
- provide real world, practical skills, tools and knowledge for practitioners, tailored to industry needs
- employ leading practice training - active, interesting, applied learning
- utilise latest research, current practice and recent developments.
Professor Phil Charles has wide-ranging experience in government, consulting and academia.
He has developed and implemented strategy and policy initiatives across Australia, primarily in transport infrastructure and services and is an experienced educator and trainer.
He has expertise and considerable experience in strategy development and implementation, strategic analysis and futures scanning, institutional strengthening, and professional capability development.
He has worked in technical and senior management roles covering strategy, planning and operations, research, education and consulting.
Phil has qualifications in civil engineering, business, public administration and education, is an Honorary Professor at the University of Queensland and an Adjunct Professor at the University of Southern Queensland.
email: phil [at] professionalpractice [dot] academy
post: PO Box 236, Toowoomba Qld 4350