Does it feel like you can’t ever get anything done? Chances are, this is because you have far too many distractions in your life.
Five distractions you should work to eliminate from your life right away.
- Social Media. How many hours do you spend scrolling through the digital realm instead of enjoying your life? Do you wish you could be doing the things your friends are doing? But instead, you are sitting at home? Social media is one of the biggest distractions in life. If you truly want to get things done, it’s time to cut it out! At least cut it down.
- Multitasking. Many people multitask because they believe it is a quicker way to get multiple things done at once. But this couldn’t be further from the truth. Multitasking draws your attention away from both tasks you are trying to complete. So cut out the multitasking and focus on one project at a time.
- Regret. How much of your day do you spend regretting the past? Did you know this is distracting you from pursuing your future? If you want to be truly successful in life, it’s time to let go of the distracting thoughts of regret because they hold you back instead of propelling you forward.
- “Urgent” Work Emails. Every time you get off task, even to answer one email or call, it could take you up to 20 minutes to get back on task! This means a couple of urgent emails could be costing you an hour a day. Don’t let this happen to you. Schedule time to check your emails instead of letting them constantly distract you from work.
- Talking With Co-workers. Talking with co-workers is great, off the clock. However, while you are on the clock, it is nothing but a distraction that lowers your productivity. Too much chatting means you won’t get your work done on time, and you may have to take it home with you. Eliminate excess chatting from your life to help you stay on task at work.
It can be difficult to recognise distractions when you see or think them, but if you want to be more productive in life, it’s time to eliminate the above distractions from your life. Otherwise, you’ll be destined to stay in a place where you are constantly behind and never quite getting things done.