“You are remembered for the rules you break.” General Douglas MacArthur
Breaking certain rules can result in huge benefits – but can also cause your worst nightmares.
There comes a time when it becomes necessary to break a rule, simply to break control of a situation and to set yourself free. Here are some perks of breaking certain rules of society:
- The “Work from 9 to 5” Rule. When you break this rule, you can get ahead quickly by having more time for yourself and working more efficiently. Many people today are realising the perks of technology by setting their own hours and taking time for themselves.
- Always Meet Your Goals. You may change your mind along the way – it’s as simple as that. You can become enthused about a goal if you let the old ones go.
- What Other People Think is Important. Letting go of the fear of people judging you can be very freeing. What kept you down and from reaching new heights in your life plan is replaced with a new zest for life and enthusiasm to take advantage of every opportunity.
- Mistakes Are a Bad Thing. You can get lots of benefits from making mistakes. When you learn lessons from those mistakes, the benefits are many and you’ll likely never make that mistake again.
- Your Parents Are Always Right. When you realise that your parents lived in another time when rules meant something different, you can justify breaking this rule. The major perk you can get from breaking this rule is to free yourself to make your own decisions and plot your own life-path.
Although there are perks from breaking many of society’s rules, beware of breaking rules that were set in place to help us in life.
Not working 9 until 5 every day doesn’t mean you don’t have to work hard to realise your goals and dreams. In fact, you may work harder – spend long days and nights – in reaching the dreams you have for yourself. But setting your own hours can help you work on your own terms and not those set by others. You’ll do a much better job and finish projects much more efficiently.
Small Habits Matter
Why You Need to Lay a Solid Foundation to be Successful
– Why success is built on daily positive actions
– Why your success depends on a solid foundation
– What are the habits you want to work on?
Get your free book Small Habits Matter